At first, local SEO techniques were pretty much basic. All you had to do was develop citations and rank and almost nothing else was needed. However, now that Google and most search engines have changed their algorithms and ranking criteria, the above simple techniques are not enough. Here is what you should consider additionally for boosting your local SEO’s rank.
- Maintain and update your content regularly. The winning combo that will help boost your local SEO rank is combining syndicated content with new, original content on a regular basis. If you have a content plan and stick to it, you are definitely on the right track for better local SEO results.
- Create quality citations. Creating too many pointless citations without being specific and choosing the best places, won’t really help nowadays and in some cases, and it can downgrade and sabotage your ranking. Thus, building quality citations in key and quality places and giving emphasis to quality instead of quantity, is your best bet.
- Include reviews. Google and most search engines favor local sites that have reviews from real users. If you think that you’ve done a good job and satisfied a client, you can ask the client to leave a review. That way, not only will you be able to boost your online reputation you will enjoy better local ranking too.
- Enhance citations. As mentioned earlier, building quality citations is important but, in case you want to take this step to a whole new level, you’ll have to build quality links as well in your citations
- Consider User experience. User experience and website optimization for both static and mobile platforms is extremely important when it comes to improving your search engine ranks. This happens because, as you have probably guessed users, who are satisfied with your website will keep using your website and even share your link with others so that continuous traffic is maintained—which in turn boosts your rank.
- Consider launching apps. Every business that values itself has an app so that users find it easier to find you and familiarize themselves with what you have to offer.
- Get involved with your community. Google’s aim is to improve the traditional ways of boosting your brand’s recognition and popularity and share it with the wide audience—not to help you get from zero to the stars!! Realize this and start building links and share content with your community so that you have a strong basis to start and let Google do its magic on boosting your popularity and brand recognition, even further.