Nowadays, websites are important to promote your business. Especially, for start-up business, a best website design is important to attract potential customers. In today’s world people mostly go to the internet to find new industries, research them and also do online shopping.
It is essential for newbie entrepreneurs to have efficient website designs so it reaches properly to the million of peoples worldwide.But sometimes newbie business persons make mistakes while designing their company’s websites that it affects their business growth badly.
Although bumps and bruises are a part of every journey in the beginning but here are 7 deadly website designing sins that are potentially fatal to a new business:
- Overlook Viewers: New entrepreneurs are filled with hope and creative ideas. They are enthusiastic about their project and sometimes in a rush to get their ideas shown to the public. Some are in so much hurry to see their website go live, that they don’t research about their target audience. If you feel that through the internet you are reaching everybody, then maybe those millions of people might not be interested in your product or business. You should thoroughly research the viewers who might be attracted to your product and design your website in the same manner.
- Have lots of Features: Startup business person ask their web designers to include lots of features and links on their websites. They believe that many features will attract a vast range of visitors. Well they are wrong. New business website designs should only include important features of the product you are advertising. A cluttered website might look messy to a viewer. Having too much information on one page can make it difficult for viewers to find what they are looking for in your product or they might not be too enthusiastic to read at all.New business websites should only have mandatory features of your product and business. That will make it easy for your audience to read the important aspects.
- Include lots of Keywords: Everyone knows that too attract lots of visitors, the best website design should have high ranking on websites. More website traffic attracts more sales for the product. But stuffing your website with lots of keywords can also give you search engine penalties that can make your website ranking drop low on the search engines. The adequate keyword density for a webpage should be 2-5% and should not exceed that.
- Contact Info: One of the biggest mistakes an entrepreneur can have in its website is having the contact info buried too deep inside the website. The goal of your website is to attract potential customers to buy your product and to contact you or your business employees for more information. Many websites offer business address, phone number, and email address directly for its viewers. While some offer its visitors to fill out a form and send their message or query through that. Then the salesperson gets in touch with the person asking for info. It is frustrating as well as annoying for many people as they want to come to your office or business venue instantly. Instead of having a contact message link, your website template should have your name, phone number, email address, and business address easily accessible to the audience. That’s the easiest way to get in touch with you for them.
- Making the Website too Appealing: Many newbie owners of business think that having a beautifully designed website will appeal to many audiences. Well they are wrong. The only focus on the website will not get you anywhere. Of course, a good layout and graphics is important to attract visitors, but if it fails to give your users a good and easy experience then it will hurt your business reputation badly. Startup businesses should consider having breadcrumb navigation in websites. That means that users can keep track of their locations while navigating programs and documents. A good website should be well designed but also be user friendly and easily accessible to its viewers.
- Lack of Trust: Building trust with your customers is an important part of business growth. It’s an important aspect especially for newbie professionals to have a recognizable name in the business world. But many websites get low traffic results as they forget about this factor while designing websites. The website should be designed in such a way that it looks trustworthy and appealing to the audience. Having a guest book or offering a page for customer testimonials is a good way to build trust. Also you can make a page on the social media network to have your audience build connections with each other and write likes or dislikes of your products.
- Website not Mobile-friendly: People are using mobile phones and tablets more than their desktops and PC these days. Experts are also saying that desktop searches will be around 84 billion by the year 2015, while mobile users will have searched around 85.9 billion. Websites that are not mobile friendly will attract fewer visitors. Your web design should support a layout that it’s easily accessible for viewers to see through their smart phones or tablets.The website should have a mobile version so it’s easily viewable in all screen sizes.
Many times newbie’s are bombarded with other people’s ideas that they get confused and lost from their own vision. Each business is different and the owners of these businesses also have different views. You should take professional advice but always follow your own gut feeling.
There’s a Murphy law that’s also common in the web designing world also: that things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance. New business persons should design websites in such manner that it attracts more visitors so that they can achieve more sales. You should follow the above guideline to ensure that your website doesn’t have any fault that might make your business to lose reputation before it gets any.